Why do you support the legalization of marijuana

Blog Archive

Wednesday 12 May 2010

Me experience using marijuana to treat gout

Ok, I've been offline for a while, I even missed my yearly open letter to the government regarding legalization that I send out every 4/20. Well the reason for my absence was due to an acute gout flare up that kept me from work, well to be honest it kept me from even standing. But it did give me a unique opportunity to test out the pain killer effects of our friend Mary Jane.

Now my experiences are far from a scientific study, and I did not try tinkering with the dose to get different results, nor did I even attempt it even more than once. In short my experience was a failure. Personally I won't be using pot to deal with gout flare up again.

Gout is an arthritic condition in which uric acid crystals form in the joints and cause the joint to become inflamed. Essentially it feels as if there are a million microscopic knives in your joint. To say it is painful is like saying the surface of the sun is a little warm. During the worst of the flare up a slight breeze would be enough to cause excruciating pain.

Knowing that marijuana is supposed to be an excellent pain killer I decided to try it to see if it helped. In this one case it did not help. For those of you who smoke you will understand why I say it did not help in a moment. Often smoking marijuana causes you to feel everything around you with acute intensity, and unfortunately that is what happened to me when I tried to treat my gout pain with weed. I could feel my skin stretching from the swelling of the affected joints, it felt as though each cell was being torn to pieces extremely slowly. When I put any sort of weight on an affected joint I felt as though I could feel each individual tear as the sharp bastard uric acid crystals tore away at the flesh. Instead of dulling the pain it made it possible for me to focus intently on every single aspect of the pain.

Looking back I probably needed to increase the dose, that being said, I am not willing to risk experiencing that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search



If Marijuana became legalized would you support its taxation?

Do you think our economy can be saved by legalizing marijuana

What do you think the Origins of the slang term 420 is

Would you vote for a politician solely on their stance on Marijuana?

What is your prefered method of using pot? (assuming price is no issue)

If marijuana were legal would you grow your own or buy from a store?

If you use marijuana do your family members no

Do you consider yourself a Pot Head

How often do you use marijuana?