Why do you support the legalization of marijuana

Blog Archive

Wednesday 25 February 2009

MARIJUANA: Too dangerous to legalize this gateway drug | The News Tribune - Letters | Seattle-Tacoma News, Weather, Sports, Jobs, Homes and Cars | South Puget Sound's Destination

MARIJUANA: Too dangerous to legalize this gateway drug

And here I thought this ridiculous thought process was fading. Here is an attack on marijuana with no backing and no support of actual facts.

The author claims that "brain scans" show habitual marijuana smokers have "significant damage" yet doesn't back this up with the study which reportedly shows this. I may not be a doctor, but I have read alot of studies on marijuana and not once have I come across one that shows any long term damage to the brain no matter how much one uses.

The author also makes claims about marijuana affecting motivation, I think my "In Good Company" series of articles counters that claim very effectively. Not only that, but there have been numerous studies demonstrating that motivation is not affected by general use of marijuana (we are not talking abuse but use).

Finally to top it off the author uses the straw man "gateway drug" claim. I don't think I still have to debunk that one do I? I have debunked it repeatedly on this blog.

Now I know that the author of this letter to the editor is not a reader of my blog, however I feel the need to respond anyways, and to spread the news that the lies that the author spreads are just that, because I know she's not the only one that uses these "arguments" to defend the status quo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search



If Marijuana became legalized would you support its taxation?

Do you think our economy can be saved by legalizing marijuana

What do you think the Origins of the slang term 420 is

Would you vote for a politician solely on their stance on Marijuana?

What is your prefered method of using pot? (assuming price is no issue)

If marijuana were legal would you grow your own or buy from a store?

If you use marijuana do your family members no

Do you consider yourself a Pot Head

How often do you use marijuana?